Axxam has extensive experience in the development of functional biochemical assays for High-Throughput Screening (HTS), hit-to-lead and lead optimization activities across a broad range of target classes, including:
- Oxidoreductases, comprising several Histone Demethylases
- Transferases, comprising several Kinases
- Hydrolases, comprising Proteases, Deubiquitinases, Lipases, and HDACs
- Protein-protein and protein-DNA interaction assays
click at this page Biochemical assays for different therapeutic areas are configured at Axxam in 384 well format with state-of-the-art screening technologies covering:
- Fluorescence, including fluorescence intensity, TR-FRET, fluorescence polarization
- Luminescence, including AlphaScreen® technology
- Radiometric systems, including flashplate technology and SPA
visit web page Axxam has in-depth expertise in establishing assays on cytosolic, secreted and transmembrane enzymes co-expressed with cofactors and accessory subunits, to better comply with the hit finding strategy and the physiological environment of the target.
Axxam offers a proven expertise in protein production (expression, purification and proof of activity) for HTS-suitable assays, also in case of challenging targets: Axxam researchers count several successful examples of homomultimeric and heteromultimeric targets and of integral transmembrane enzymes.
Axxam offers a customized service of biochemical assays development in order to support its client discovery projects source.